Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pretty Lights

Lighting on mirror
1 

I've always liked floor length mirrors and I particularly like mirrors with string lights around them. It's a simple DYI if you like the idea. All you need to do is find a mirror that you like, get some string lights, and then drape them around...it's that easy! 

I personally love my Martha Stewart mirror. I can't seem to find it online, but here are some that are similar to mine (1, 2345, 678, and 9). Once you have your mirror, get some string lights from target. I love bulb lights like these. I think the bulb lights give a much different look than christmas/string lights, but it's all up to what you prefer.

Once you've found your lights, drape them around the mirror. If your mirror can hold nails, go ahead and nail them in so they stay put! For mine, I just draped them around (either works). If you find you have excess lights just string them around again. And voila! You have a decorated mirror :)

This works for full length mirrors as well as mirrors on desks or dressers. I think it adds a little something extra to a plain mirror. Check out the ones I found online. I'll be sure to post a picture of mine when I'm done with it tonight!

add lights to my mirror in our entry way...

2

Starry light string on a pretty mirror - love this idea!

3



The Beauty Department , Lauren Conrad's beauty blog, even did a "How To" on their website. Check it out if you want more details :)

Good luck stringing your mirror :)

Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment