Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hello October!

Yesterday marked the official start of October and even though it reached a high of 87 degrees here in DC, there is something about the start of October that screams fall. Maybe it's all of the festive decorations in stores or the slight change in color in the leaves, but I'm definitely ready for some cooler weather and some cozy clothes.

I always have a hard time during this time of year deciding what to wear. It's still warm outside, yet I can't help but look toward fall fashion inspiration: booties, jeans, layers, and scarves. There's something exciting about putting away summer clothes and breaking out colder weather layers. Here's some of what I'm hoping to wear within the next few weeks!







I love pairing camel colored leather jackets over skirts, jeans, and dresses. I think it adds a little bit of edge to the outfit and gives it a dressed down feel. 






This wrap coat is on my wish list. I love the tie in the waist and the simple, yet sophisticated look the wrap feature gives the outfit.




I love this outfit for two reasons: 1. The tights, dress, and boots combo. You can never go wrong with those three. 2. The grey and black pullover. A perfect way to layer a dress.
Anything that is easy to throw on and still look effortlessly chic is a win in my book!


8303580532691758_wqYvHoP8_c 


A jean jacket is a staple in my wardrobe. It's a piece I throw on over almost anything to give it a dressed down look and some added warmth. 




Capture3


I love the contrast between the black tight and brown bootie. The mix-match color combo makes the boot and the dress really pop. The added color in the scarf doesn't hurt either ;)

plain and simple.
You can find me almost every weekend wearing a pair of black jeans with a t-shirt, layered sweater, and booties. It is a go-to favorite staple of mine. Black jeans and booties are a must have for fall.
easy sweater 

I love dainty necklaces with sweaters in the fall. It gives the sweater a feminine touch and adds a little something extra. 



 Navy, gray, burgundy, and polka-dots.




 You can never go wrong with wearing jeans, a sweater, flats, and a scarf during the month of October. It is a staple I wear during the week to happy hours and on the weekend to festivals...and maybe you'll even see me wearing this pumpkin picking!

Happy October!


-Katie



                                                               1    2   3   4   5   6   7   8

No comments:

Post a Comment