Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10 days and 10 ways

To be honest, I normally do not do anything to my hair. I'm a teacher and wake up at an ungodly hour to get to work. The last thing I want to do in the morning is...my hair. I usually wash my hair at night and then sleep on it wet. It either dries wavy or straight. During school my hair either gets pulled back with a clip or put up into a pony tail or bun. Very. Boring.

So I'm making a change and going to try out these new styles. I'm going to challenge myself to do 10 different hairstyles in 10 days. I can wake up 10 minutes earlier right? It doesn't make that much of a difference...




1. This one is particularly easy and seems doable. I love the classic braid to pull back the hair. It's a version of how I wear my hair nowadays, but seems so much more "done". I think I can handle doing this one!



2. This would require me to curl my hair, but I love the french braid on the side. I think I could even curl my hair before bed to give it a less 'curled' look in the AM. 



3. For this look I would use hot rollers or sleep with my hair in a bun. I love the effortlessness about this look. Seems so simple, yet practical.  



4. This seems easy enough! Curl my hair, put it in a high pony, and tie a bow around it! Surely I can pull this one off ;)



5. I love, love the look of a classic curl with a curling iron. I'm looking to buy the 1 and 1/4 curling iron from hot tools to do this look. 



6. Ok, this one reminds me of being in 4th grade. I'm pretty sure I should be able to put my hair in a low pony and twist it under. I love the messiness of the look too...we'll see how my hair looks after a full day of teaching!



7. This style has a twist AND a bun. I'll have to see how she was able to get her side twist to stay put...mine always seem to fall out!





8. I think the swiss maid style is really cute. I also love the inside out braid Julia, from Gal Meets Glam, did. I need to teach myself how to do that! It looks much more interesting than the regular french braid way.



9. For this style, you put your hair in a pony tail and leave a small piece out. Then, wrap it around the hair tie and secure with a bobby pin. It gives the up-do a more polished look. 



10. This is a variation of a look my mother LOVES. She always wants me to pull the front pieces up and use bobby pins to hold them in place. She says it's her favorite look of mine. For this, instead of bobby pins I would use a small bow or ribbon. I think it adds some girly-ness to the look :)


10 styles in 10 days...I'll let you know how it goes....goodbye extra 10 minutes of sleep...

Thanks for reading!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment