Monday, December 2, 2013

Make Up: Daily Routine

Make Up: Daily Routine

Today I'm sharing my daily makeup routine. I usually don't tend to wear too much makeup when I'm teaching, but instead go for more of a natural look. I start off using Urban Decay Naked Foundation. This foundation is a serious favorite of mine. It is so light, but the coverage is amazing. I don't have flawless skin (how wonderful would that be?!) so I have to wear foundation to cover up blemishes and even out my skin tone. This foundation is a miracle worker. I bought it from Sephora for about $40....and it's worth every penny. It's light, non greasy, and covers so much that I only need a little bit of concealer. 

After I've put on my foundation I use Benefit's Erase Paste concealer. I use this under my eyes, for pimples, or just to brighten my skin. I buy my concealer one shade lighter than normal so that it gives my skin some brightness. A little goes a long way with this stuff, and it really does do what the name implies.

I have been using Bare Minerals foundation for about three years now. I love the coverage it gives and it really helps keep my face feeling fresh and non greasy. I'm a fan of matte looks when it comes to daily makeup. If I'm going to be working all day, I want makeup that will stay put. The dewy look is great, but for a natural look I want something that will hide the oil. This bare minerals foundation is perfect for just that. I know you might think it's overkill to use liquid foundation AND powder foundation, but it works for me. The bare minerals foundation adds another layer of protection and helps keep my makeup in place all day long. 

After I've finished with the foundation and concealers I use bronzer to give my skin some much needed glow. I like NARS bronzers for night time looks, but tend to use Benefit Hoola Bronzer for everyday. The NARS bronzer, laguna, has more shimmer to it. I like that for a night out, but not for work. The Hoola bronzer is great because it's matte and doesn't have any shimmer to it. It's strictly bronze color that adds some warmth and dimension to my face. It's really easy to use and you don't need much. 

For a daily look, I like a pink blush. Again, I'm not a fan of shimmer blushes for everyday looks so I like this one from Smashbox. The pink shade adds some pop of color and goes well with my fair (to light) skin tone. I don't use too much...just a little bit on the apples of my cheeks. 

For my eyes I tend to stay pretty low key. I use Benefit's They're Real Mascara and Stila's Liquid Eyeliner in black. I don't normally use eye shadow during the week....and I'm not sure why! I really should, but it seems to be the step I miss each day. I love my mascara and eyeliner. The mascara makes my lashes look really long and the eyeliner is a felt tip so it's almost like using a marker, which makes it way easier to draw the line. I highly recommend both! 

I look older when I wear color on my lips, and as I've posted before, I love, love, love these NARS Lip Pencils. They add the perfect amount of color and stay on for so long. They are easy to apply and look really natural. 

The last couple of things I add are some Highlighter to the bridge of my nose and cheek bones and then I brush my face in a little bit of HD Finishing Powder to really make my makeup set. I love this finishing powder from Sephora. It blends everything together and makes my makeup stay put all day long. It's one of my favorite makeup products that I happened to forget on the image above. 

 So there you go....my daily makeup routine. It usually takes me about 5-10 minutes to do my makeup in the morning (I would love to spend more time, but when you get up at 6 am, 10 minutes is all you need!). It's a pretty simple routine - and maybe I'll add a video to show how I use the items in the future! 

-Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment