Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cyber Monday

Yesterday was Cyber Monday and I had every intention of shopping online for some holiday gifts since I missed out on Black Friday shopping. But, the outcome was quite different. After a long day back at work I got home to my roommate telling me there was a 50% off sale at Anne Taylor Loft. Well, that settled it. Not only did I not get any gifts for family or friends (I know, I know), I ended up only getting myself some presents. I have a birthday coming up so I'm playing it off as an early birthday gift to myself...please tell me others do that too?

Most of the items I got were for work, but a lot can be worn for holiday parties and outside work too. Here's what I picked up...

I got this corduroy shift skirt in this port color as well as navy. I can easily wear this when I'm teaching since it has a little stretch to it. The two colors go well with a lot of tops I own and can be paired with tights, booties, and a scarf for a weekend outfit. I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this skirt this winter and during the holiday season. 

1 

I don't know about you, but my family loves getting together around the holidays. We have family party after family party and this skirt is absolutely perfect. It's a great length and looks amazing with tights and a black or white shirt. Plus the sparkle adds the perfect touch :)


2 

The last skirt I bought (are you sensing a theme to my purchases yet?) was this black and tan dotted skirt. The pattern is great for the professional look and it has pockets...a must for teaching. I liked the unique look of this skirt. It can easily be worn with black, white, or a deeper hued color.  

3 

I got this patterned shirt to go with the skirts, pants, and jeans. It can easily be worn to work work on the weekends. It's a fun black or whtie print that just seems so easy to throw on. 

4 


 The last thing I got was this long sleeved silk shirt. I was drawn to the bow at the neckline. It's so charming and, let's face it, anything with bows makes me think of Christmas. I can't wait to wear this with a black skirt or black jeans. 

5 



All of these items are still available on the LOFT website if you like them. Hopefully you had some luck with Black Friday and Cyber Monday! Happy December!


-Katie 







No comments:

Post a Comment